Workplace Performance Assessment:
The Comparative Assessment and Performance Tool for Innovative Workplaces (CAPTIW© ) is a free open source online workplace analytics that assesses the performance of the physical workspaces in relation to organizational innovation. A set of recommendations can be drawn from the analysis to transform current workplaces to support innovation of organizations. It was developed by a collective effort with over 40 industry and academic partners to advance the field of workplace design and management, and offer an analytic platform for the evidence based workplace design and management.
Seven Unique Features of CAPTIW©
- Most Comprehensive Workplace Model: CAPTIW© is grounded on the most comprehensive workplace model to look at the impact of specific key performance indicators of the physical workplace on the organizational culture, procedure of creative practice, and people together.
- Most Comprehensive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the Physical Workplace: CAPTIW© analyzes the workplace performance based on the most comprehensive list of key indicators of the physical workplace that are critical to organizational creativity and innovation, in order to understand how these indicators perform and support innovation strategies and innovation performance.
- Performance-based Assessment: CAPTIW© comprises the seven key performance indicators (KPIs) and complete sets of sub-key performance indicators that solely utilize objective and prescriptive measures to diagnose the physical workplace.
- Benchmark Function: CAPTIW© offers a scoring system based on a normal distribution curve that predicts the distribution of workplace performance. In order to accurately reflect quality differences into the tier system, CAPTIW© integrates a total of 6 tiers for the scoring system. This scoring system can be used as a benchmark function for companies to understand the performance of their own workplace within the tier system as well as to compare it with higher tiers.
- Comparative Assessment Between Multiple Projects: The "Compare" function in CAPTIW© allows organizations to compare and contrast between multiple projects they manage. They can easily understand underperforming and high-performing areas of physical workplace in different locations they manage. They can also use the "Compare" function to examine the workplace improvements between Pre and Post scenarios, or workspace changes to better align the workplace with the organizational innovation strategies.
- Encompassing Performance, Health & Wellbeing Indicators: CAPTIW© employs a more comprehensive way to measuring workplace performance by implementing health and wellbeing indicators of workspaces that affect worker productivity. Health and well-being indicators of workspaces that have shown links to worker productivity were identified via literature review and employed to CAPTIW© to offer a more comprehensive and balanced assessment for workspace performance.
- Analytic Hierarchy Process: CAPTIW© integrates the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) to assess the performance of workspaces. AHP is a multi-criteria decision-making technique based on mathematics and psychology to determine the priorities of intangible items. AHP is implemented to CAPTIW© to offer prioritized KPIs for organizations to easily understand and target higher priorities that have the most impact for the financial and resource investment, when deciding workspace changes to better align with organizational innovation strategies. The priorities of KPIs were determined based on the concept of best solutions when considering the four most important factors when changing the workspaces: impact, money, time, and existing conditions for changes.